Primary Care Network
Our team of clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians carry out medication reviews and long-term condition clinics in GP practices and PCNs. We support delivery of national service specifications and extended or urgent care services. Our drug experts analyse and interpret prescribing data for locally identified priorities, improve QOF achievement and local DES/LES, improve patient medicines safety, and provide training for GPs and their teams.
We offer a tiered service approach for PCNs including:
- Workforce support to recruit pharmacist/pharmacy technician and induction support – can be part of our internal professional clinical network
- Pharmaceutical professional support – senior pharmacy oversight, learning, networking, line management and mentoring and structured medication review (SMR) framework development
- End-to-end PCN Clinical Pharmacist Service
- End-to-end Medicines Optimisation in Care Homes (MOCH) Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician PCN support
- Bespoke services – to achieve SMR targets, training programme, delivery support for GP CQC standards and QOF, clinical audit and safety reviews.
We have years of experience in working within primary care and understand how pharmacists and technicians can best support PCNs, patients and the NHS.
Have a look at our new document for PCNs titled What does good looks like?, to help support PCN Pharmacy teams to achieve the best outcomes for their local populations.
Our publications section contains relevant case studies where you can access shared learning, for example on improving medicines optimisation in care home patients.
To discuss your challenges and bespoke requirements, please contact us.