QIPP Implementation Service
Medicines optimisation focuses on the appropriate and safe use of medicines, consistent with evidence, to maximise health outcomes, reduce waste and manage costs by delivering optimal medicines use with patients.
Our Medicines Optimisation (MO) and Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) support service can help you:
- Improve quality of care for patients receiving medication
- Improve cost-effective prescribing and stop the use of medicines no longer required, or of limited clinical value in line with national and local recommendations
- Reduce medicines waste and make better use of NHS resources
- Support patients to get maximum benefit from their medicines and improve patient safety
- Ensure patients are central to all decisions relating to their medicines including making appropriate changes to medications with minimal disruption
- Deliver training webinars and education programmes to support key workstreams and local priority initiatives
- Provide an end-to-end project management approach to implement QIPP initiatives. This service includes a suite of standard operating procedures, audit tools, stakeholder engagement, outcome monitoring, impact assessment and summary reports.
Our clinical staff registered with professional bodies work with GP practices to support clinical prescribing locally, or advise and support local medicines teams to deliver and implement QIPP related services. This can include reviewing; polypharmacy medication services, repeat prescribing systems and medicines ordering models, clinical medicines pathways or long-term conditions clinics.
We are committed to sharing best practice. Please see our publications section, where you can find shared learning from case studies, for example on, benefits of incontinence medication reviews and many more.
Our team will work closely with you, aligning a lead and embedding them locally where needed. We will develop service solutions specific to your requirements as they evolve.
To discuss your challenges and bespoke requirements, whether you are NHS or a private sector provider, please contact us.